Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Week: 9/16 - 9/20

I am so glad that I finally got to meet all of you on Friday.  I took your cards home and read them.  Hopefully I know a little bit more about you now.  There were questions on some of your cards that I didn't get to answer, so I'll answer them here:

  • How old are you?  Um... old enough to be a parent, but young enough to not be a grandparent.
  • Are you going to buy a new motorcycle?  Not for a while.
  • Who drove you here?  Me.  I can still drive a car.
  • How many bones did you break?  I broke two bones:  my radius and the tibial plateau.  (Remember when I said I'd throw big words at you?  There are a couple.  If you're reading this on my blog, then you're a Google search away from learning those!)  I also dislocated my ulna.
  • Was it cool up there?  Oh, absolutely yes!  My friend and I rode right up to the base of Mt. St. Helens.  The views along the way were incredible!
  • Who was taking the pictures:  Three of the pictures were taken by the paramedic who treated me on the scene.  Most of the others were taken by my wife.
  • Were you awake when you drove in the ambulance to the doctors?  Yes, and I was talking to my family and friends on the phone.
  • How did you go to the bathroom?  Really???  Here's how you can answer that one.  First, drink several glasses of water.  Then tape a cardboard tube around your left leg and put a sock on your right hand.  Wait for nature to take its course and see what solution you come up with.  You'll find a way!
  • Did you cry when you had the accident?  No, but after a few weeks of not being able to walk, go places, or play with my friends, I did get pretty sad.
  • Does your knee still hurt?  Yes, but not too bad.  It feels like the doctor hit me with his reflex hammer a little too hard.
  • Were you worried?  I was more worried about things I couldn't do, like mow the lawn, drive my kids to practice and teach.
  • Did you make the boat?  Yes.  Well... I'm making the boat.  It's not quite finished yet.
  • Is the crash test dummy outside real?  No.  It's just a poster.
  • Did you ever play video games?  Yes, but probably not as much as you.  I like Guitar Hero and Mario Cart.
  • How much money do you make?  A bazillion dollars an hour.  Enough to afford a Scion.  Not enough to afford a BMW.
  • Do you like peanuts?  Yes, and peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment